1. Feel free to do your own interpretation of the challenge beast, be it minimalist to Japanese woodblock print to yarn sculpture. However, please keep the recognizable aspects of the beast intact. We want to be able to tell what it is. If we give you a Minotaur make sure it has minotaur traits. We will accept any style as long as it's recognizable. For instance, Kasey has a more storybook/painterly style while Toby has a spastic cartoony style. We are not expecting huge, painted, realisitc pieces from everyone.
2. Fully rendered images (color or not) are highly encouraged. Be as creative as you can with each beast. Remember, it can be as modern or as traditional in interpretation as you want it to be.
3. Sketches are acceptable if they are well scanned, cleaned up, on nice paper, and very well-done, but we prefer cleaned-up, finished pieces. We would prefer if all submitted work looks as professional as possible.
4. Please no porn. Nudity is allowed as most of the monsters obviously don’t wear pants but please keep it tasteful. (Kids should be able to enjoy our blog too).
5. No fanart! We don't what interpretations of other people's interpretations. Please make your own.
6. We will provide information about each beast but feel free to look up more on your own. Part of the fun is learning about new monsters from different lands that you might not know about. The more you know the more you can add to your image.
Some good examples to look at for inspiration:
|More Journal Entries|